- Extended run capability and long life are gained from our exclusive premium oil recovery and circulation system that virtually halts oil degradation
- Specifically to interact with off-grid renewable energy applications
- Weather protective steel enclosure provides exceptional protection from the elements on not only the enclosure, but also the base frame
- Nexus digital controller features an LCD display with status indicators, monitors generator performance, and also records any issues
- Automatically start and stop the generator for battery charging; 3 year limited warranty
Generac 5818 6,000 Watt LP Air-Cooled Standby Power Generator with a Steel Enclosure is designed specifically to interact with off-grid renewable energy applications, the EcoGen 6,000 is the first generator intended for alternative energy system standby power. It's engineered to easily integrate into an inverter and battery storage system, providing the cleanest running, low emission solution for recharging battery banks. changes Maintenance intervals are extended by an unprecedented five times the industry standard with 500 hours between oil. Clean burning propane fuel increases efficiency, contributes to a longer engine life and produces significantly less carbon monoxide than gasoline fueled engines. The weather protective steel enclosure features the Rhinocoat Finish System, providing protection from the elements on not only the enclosure, but also the base frame. Its Nexus digital controller features and LCD display with status indicators, monitors generator performance, and also records any issues for easy troubleshooting. The integrated smart charging system only charges the battery when necessary and the three position switch allows for automatic, off, and manual functions. It is factory wired for a full 6,000 at 120V AC with the capability to be reconfigured for a full 6,000 output at 240V AC to accommodate larger 240 volt inverter systems or two systems paired together. It is factory equipped with a two-wire start to easily connect to the inverter control wires. This enables the inverter to automatically start and stop the generator in order to charge the system batteries as necessary. The vertically mounted belt driven engine drives at 2,600 RPM, resulting in a longer life and drastically quieter operation than other systems. It comes with a 3 year/2,000 hour limited warranty when used off-grid in an alternative energy system.